ROLE: TECHNICAL WRITER
EXPERIENCE: 5+ YEARS
Employment of technical writers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations! No surprised. Who else other than these skilled wordsmiths that develop product manuals, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity!
We are looking for such Technical writer for Rubiversity!
www.rubiversity.io is an AI-Powered Knowledge Cloud for simplifying learning and Idea Incubation. Our mission is to Make Data Science possible and enjoyable for everyone. RubiVersity is a partner of choice for international universities and institutions. Faculty Enablement Programs, Project-based Learning, Real-life Industry Solutions, Incubation Centre, Start-up Mentoring, Entrepreneurship Development provide tremendous value addition.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency.
- Make high-quality documentation to meet standards and easy to use
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within time frames
- Apply creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather periodic feedbacks on documentation to improve usability.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of knowledge base material and direct customer feedback to prioritize future initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer of software documentation
- Background in engineering or computer science is a big plus
- Powerful English language and communication skills
- Knowledge of ADDIE Model, Gagne’s Events of Learning, CDT, and BT
- Experience working with the following tools preferred: MS Office (advanced level), Confluence/JIRA, Git & GitHub, HTML, CSS, WIKI, Python, Moodle.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.